Tuesday, August 21, 2012

It’s the Simple Life for Me

Last weekend I spent my time wisely - just hanging out, enjoying the breeze and the company of those I treasure most (w/ the exception of the boys not being there, but you know what I mean).

Storms rolled through the area on Friday evening. Loud. Beautiful. The sort that Younger misses.  The temperature dropped a good 30 degrees which made for good sleeping on Saturday night.  All the windows were opened and a wonderful breeze whipped its way through the house. I enjoyed some alone time on Sunday morning just lying on the couch and listening to the breeze as it blew through the house.

Friday night went to go see a loud-action packed movie – the last Bourne movie.  While I did enjoy the movie I got irked over yet another too long action scene.  Yeah, we get it.  You’re chasing each other down the alleys, across rooftops, and highways of Manila.  I really need to send a note to directors and/or the studio heads asking that they do those of us that get REALLY bored with all that stuff to kindly insert a footnote at the bottom of the screen that says something like, “For the next 15-20 minutes these guys are going to have a overdrawn action scene.  If you don’t consider this a pivotal plot point, please feel free to go out to the snack bar and have a soda on us. Or take a well-deserved bathroom break.”  That works for me.

Got to spend part of Saturday with Younger and 2 Gkids at their stake’s “Granny’s Attic.”  A brilliant idea!  Folks in their stake donate clothes, shoes, linens, car seats, etc. – all gently used.  She was able to get some cute school clothes for both kids and some things for her. I came away with some cute long (maxi - my favorite!) dresses for me.  It’s a virtual clothes treasure hunt.  And all items are free.  Whatever is leftover is taken to the Goodwill for them to do some good with it.  This is held during tax free weekend.  So instead of fighting crowds at the mall and/or box store, we got to visit with each other and members of her ward & stake.

Went out later in the day for yet another movie “The Remarkable Life of Timothy Green.”  A gorgeous & sweet Disney movie.  Great characters.  A very neat story (unbelievable but Disney is very good at making stories like this work).  A good friendship between 2 kids that are different.  A few tears.  Some good laughs.  Thoroughly enjoyable.

And we were bad – skipped out on Stake Conference.  Instead – spent the time at Older’s house, playing w/ the Gpups, peeling a testosterone laden Dachshund off of me, visiting w/ Gkids, and snuggling a cranky baby to sleep.  Nice to know that the ol’ stand up, cuddle, sing and rock still works.  Who says I can’t multitask? 

So – nothing really earth shattering.  Just plugging right along.

Which ain’t too bad in my book . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment