Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Our Loss. Heaven's Gain.

A loss today in my extended family.

My BFF from my childbirthing era lost her husband this morning. She's a wonderful, brave woman who will weather this loss with grace, faith and dignity. She & her Beloved got to be married for only a year, but what a year it was. They lived their life together with humor, compassion, tears and love. And they had fun. Even knowing that their time together in this earthly sphere would be short, they enjoyed their marriage with gusto.

Kudos to their kids from both sides of the aisle that have come together to support each other.

This is a time for joy, not sorrow. We will celebrate that they had a great year of love, fun and laughter, jam making, good food, hugs, fishing and football. They were so blessed. They had more in one short year that some people ever have in their lifetime. And soon a much anticipated sealing for time and all eternity.  

Even their time was short, they lived life large.  You can't get much better than that.

I love this woman.  She's been such a good example to me and mine for years - and she continues to do so.  And I'm so grateful that she found someone to love.  And most importantly someone to love her, too.  She deserved and needed it.

Thank you, Mert, for loving and cherishing my friend.

Lynn, keep on dancin'.  He wouldn't want it any other way.
 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah. (Sniff.) Amen! BTW, the singles are dedicating tomorrow night's dance to his memory. (No, I will not be attending, even though strictly speaking I could. But I may put on a little Ray Charles while I load the dishwasher.) Love you. Mean it.

    ReplyDelete