Monday, March 19, 2012

Welcome to My World

I love to write. And I am supposed to be keeping a journal, so here I go. Finally ready to let my thoughts, feelings and ideas wander out there in cyberspace. Hopefully to entertain, enlighten & just have some fun at my expense.

First off - thanks to my childbirthing BFF for her inspiration (find her blog Ms Ravelled. I would rattle off the exact name but I have her listed in my favorites so that my browser goes to her blog every morning for lofty thoughts and snickers. A great combination!!) And to nieniedialouges. The most profound and loving blog anywhere out there.

Ready? Set! And here I go!!

Happily married for 40+ years to the world's most patient man. Four kids, six Gkids, and lots of critters later - here I am. 2nd generation LDS (Mormon). 4th generation Native Texan, ready to start doing my genealogy and take a stab at joining the Daughters of the Republic of Texas. Not that I have blue hair or even close to it. But I do know how to gracefully, effectively sush people when necessary. One of my many talents.

I love my little corner of the world - Texas. My favorite place is San Fransisco (yes, I did leave my heart there, thank you very much. Well, at least a small part of it.) It is hot here but bluebonnets in the spring and Friday night lights in the fall more than make up for it. Plus I got here on earth just in time for central air conditioning to be the norm. Thankfully!!!

I probably won't be addressing any deep philosophical topics. I feel, at times, that my spiritual journey has just begun. And at other times I feel like an old soul, overflowing with great spiritual knowledge. I'd be happy with a balance of the two.

And the name for my blog? I know that I have SO much to learn but I do realize that I am probably one of the least humble of my Heavenly Father's daughters. Hard headed but certainly not hard hearted. Hopefully that's a point in my favor.

Let the writing begin!!!

3 comments:

  1. Mimi, there's a mistake. There's SEVEN of us Ghio kids, not six. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was talking "real" vs. adopted Gkids. I'm lucky cuz I have lots & lots of those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms. Ravelled waves "how-do." Never would have known you'd been bitten by the blogging bug had it not been for your Older on FB.

    ReplyDelete