Friday, April 27, 2012

Ramblings from a Simple Mind

Wow.  That would make a great title for a blog.  I certainly fit the bill.  I have been known to ramble.  Quite a bit.  And my mind, at times, is terrifyingly simple.  I guess that would be a good explanation of our family motto, "Easily amused."

On the drive home yesterday I noticed a man standing in front of his house waving his arms, blowing kisses, & jumping up and down.  Okay.  Got my attention.  So I slowed down as I was passing his house and saw three little faces all squished in the window by the front door.  They were blowing kisses and waving to their daddy, sending him off to work in style.  I'm sure that when he comes home they'll all be tucked in bed so won't be able to take part in the standard "Daddy's home!!!!" ritual.  But I'm sure his evening will go so much better with a send off like that.  So sweet.

Turned the corner and saw a guy walking his two dogs.  I couldn't tell who was walking who.  He was laughing at them and their antics.  And they were walking. jumping and trying to keep up with their dad.  He finally sat down and just doused them with hugs, pats and good lovin'.  I don't know whowas smiling more - the man or the dogs.  Yes, dogs do, too, smile. 

My DH called after work.  Would I like a salad for supper?  YES!  He told me he'd get the makings on the way. He's thoughtful that way. But since I had to get breakfast stuff for me, I ended up at the same store at just the right time to find him checking out zucchini in the produce aisle.   Nice surprise for me.  So we got to stroll down the aisles together.  Well, actually he strolled, while I danced to Michael Buble.  What?  That's NOT the reason why they play good dance music while I shop?  Could have fooled me. 

Poor man just trundles along behind me as I'm attempting to cha-cha along with Mr. Buble's tune.  And yes, I was indeed on aisle 7.  (OLD family joke.  Thank you, Michael Keaton, AKA Mr. Mom)

And I got to spend some quality time with my younger Gdaughter this past week.  We get to take her to Activity Girls every two weeks.  And spoil her for a little bit all by herself.  And she doesn’t ask for much when we get her.

1.    Gum when she gets in the house
2.    Dixie Chicks on the radio when we get in the car (I consider this a promotion of sorts. She no longer asks for Radio Disney.)

We went to Souper Salads for dinner. Then a quick trip to Half Price Books.  Found 3 DC’s CDs for her collection of tunes from her Mimi.  Her collection so far includes girl groups from the 60s, the Monkees and Dixie Chicks.

Next?  Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat and then Queen.  Going to the ridiculous to the sublime?  And maybe I’ll teach her Amazing Grace.  Yup.  That’s a good mix.

See?  I told you simple things. 



No comments:

Post a Comment