Monday, April 30, 2012

Weekend Musings

A truly mixed bag this weekend. 

Busy Saturday with baptisms (2) at the church. 

Went back home & changed clothes to go back up to church for Pinewood Derby where DH "volunteered" to run the races/heats, set up the track, judge the heats, etc.  Not exactly the evening we had planned for but it seems that the kids had a good time.  What was especially nice is that everyone was invited to make a car & participate in heats after the Cubs were through.  I wanted to create a Bedazzled Mobile but didn't get it done.  But I will next year.

Sunday was a weepy/happy day.  One of our "kids" and his family are moving in a week or so.  We've watched him grow up since he was 8 (well over 30 years & counting).  He's had some real ups and downs in his life but I am proud to report that he's definitely on an upswing at this point in his life.  We adore his wife & kids.  And will miss them terribly.  I feel like the last one is leaving the nest. 

She spoke in Sacrament meeting.  I did pretty well until halfway through.  And then just lost it.  What a waste of perfectly good makeup.  By the end of the meeting it was practically dripping off my chin and my nose was a lovely shade of crimson. 

But they've done good with their kids and their lives and they are all ready for a new adventure.  I just wish it weren't so far away.  But it will give us a reason to travel to them there parts. And DH & I are already mentally mapping out a trip between Arizona (where oldest +1 will be) and then up to Nevada (where they're settling).

Shotgun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment