Tuesday, May 15, 2012

And Another One Bites the Dust!

Mother’s Day is over and gone. Everyone return your seats to their upright position . . .

To celebrate my being a mother (watch it!) I got calls from all my kids, a bracelet made by an artiste that I just happen to know personally, gift cards for reading (virtually & real-ally).  Dinner out.  Avengers - again (& still 2 thumbs up – “Smash”!).  Dinner out – again.  Dark Shadows (1 thumb up & 1 thumb down.  Or in the words of Youngest – “Meh.”).  Church.  Nap.  More calls.  Whew!  When did I have time to sleep.  Oh, but I did plenty of that.

Now back to business.  Or is it busy-ness?

Went out to dinner last night to one of favorite hang outs (Angelo’s) with favorite folks from church.  The hens, chick and our roosters met for dinner.  We’re such an easy group for ordering - Golden Baked Lasagna with extra cheese, Ranch dressing on salad for DH, house vinaigrette or bleu cheese (if I’m in a daring mood) for me, and water all around.  They know us there.  We walk in the door and are told, “They’re waiting for you in the back of the big room.”  Our own version of Cheers – except without Norm. They let us linger and we do so – with relish.  Or rather Texas toast for dipping into our meat sauce.  That’s the rule.  I’ve been going there since they opened in 1966.  And I’ve had the same meal for 99% of the time.  They must (still) be doing something right!

School is winding down.  Concerts for some of the Gkids over the next week or so.  One tonight as a matter of fact.  Orchestra.  (I’m pretty sure that Gdaughters’ group has improved  to the point that they don’t sound so much like cats being strangled. Or at least that’s what I’m hoping for.).  I do have talented Gkids.  And am glad that they want me to be there when they perform.  I enjoyed watching their parents perform.  I’ve got bragging rights for 2 generations!  And, if I’m lucky, maybe even a 3rd.

Taking one of the Gdaughters to a BYU dance troupe performance on Thursday.  An activity for their younger young women’s group.  Gdaughter does love going to Activity Girls, but cannot wait until she gets to go to Young Women.  She’ll be a busy little Beehive.  She’ll blend right in.

Friday – I'll be teaching at M.C. Lively Elementary School (my alma mater - class of 1962, thank you very much!).  A Junior Achievement activity.  All. Day. Long.  What was I thinking? 
That evening - probably a movie.  Hopefully a good one.  It will be my reward for dealing with 5th graders, being on my feet all day, and having (getting?) to eat cafeteria food for lunch.

Saturday – a birthday party for the musically inclined Gdaughter.  Sitting in a steamy natatorium watching the kids with both my daugthers and 5/6 of the Gkids.  I may get brave and take a lap or two myself.  Then in the evening – a trip to the Temple.  DH has members of his Sunday school class that will be attending for the 1st time so I need to support him supporting them in their endeavors.

Oh, I love to see the Temple.  And I’m going there Saturday.  I need some peace & calm at the center of my universe.  I do have my darling DH that does that for me but I need a bit of an “oomph” in that department. 

And on Sunday – church and then a blessed nap afterwards.  Much deserved, I'm thinking. 

Then  Monday – we get to do it all over again.

Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment