Thursday, May 17, 2012

Safe!!!

To test our employees' ability to follow orders, leave the building in an orderly fashion, and get the heck out of Dodge - we had a semi-building wide fire drill.

Semi-building?  Yes.  One of the two towers at a time because neither the building management nor the Irving Fire Deparrment wanted a couple of thousand folks wandering around the building.  Weinees.

I do love my Skechers flip flops.  But I think I got a flat going down 10 flights of stairs.  So I've resolved to hit a store on the way home to get something a little more substantial, just as comfortable (as far as flip flops go), and probably not nearly as cute. I passed cool, uncomfortable shoes way back when. So I'm stuck with old lady shoes.

Again - I digress.  (Sparklie!)

My group passed with flying colors.  And on one (including me) passed out on the way down.  Headcount was even-Steven.  No one hid in the bathrooms (I checked).  And nobody got run down when they stood in the middle of the street.  Really people?  GET OFF THE ROAD!!!  Thankfully, these were not "my" people.  My people know better.

Good.

Always better safe than sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment