Monday, May 21, 2012

In the Muse

1.  Dear BYU Dance Troupe, my two left feet thank you.  My Gdaughter had a most marvelous time.  And to the bow & fiddle that provided musical back-up - pure genius.  Nice balance between lively music & livelier steps. My toes are still tapping!  I was worn out by the end of the evening and not because I was tired.  Watching y'all just plain ol' wore me out!  But thanks for coming.  And we look foward to seeing you again. 

2.  To the 5th grade class at M.C. Lively that I was lucky enough to work with last Friday - thanks for letting me be a teacher for the day.  I'm so glad you enjoyed the Junior Achievement materials.  And I loved your creative ideas.  A glow in the dark roller coaster with each rider getting a unique experience that they get to pick.  So clever.  I know that you will all be a success no matter what you do.  Even if you do want to wrestle aligators when you grow up!  I will expect to see your names and creations in the news over the next decade or so!  Just remember to continue learning just like I told you!

3.  To the producers of Battleship - POW!!  BANG!! Big explosions galore!  Bad ass ugly aliens up to no good at all.  Good popcorn movie.  Nothing's much better than sitting in a cool dark theater with the one you love sharing a bucket of popcorn, a Diet Coke, and a smooch during the scary shots. 

4.  To the staff at my new favorite Mexican restaurant Mattito's.  Ve vill be bahhck.  (Arnold will not be accompanying us.)  Great service. Wonderful food.  Loved our waitress. If you visit the location in N. Irving (sometimes known as the hood at Las Colinas) make sure you ask for Sue.  She'll treat you right.

5.  To the sweet young sister that's so new to the Church and was brave enough to raise her hand - thank you.  Your powerful story abouat the about the power of prayer touched my heart.  To pray that you'd be able to deal with the bullies instead of asking Him to stop them showed a great sign of maturity at a very young age.  One of the reasons why I love Relief Society.  We learn from each other.

6.  To Oldest and Our Girl - thanks for relieving me of my boredom on Sunday with your phone call.  You know how much stuff like this touches my heart.  And makes me miss you even more.  Hurry home.  Even if it will take many more steps till you get here.

7.  To Older, thanks for letting me know about the Airhogs BBall game tonight.  Go hogs!  Can't wait to sit in the breeze way visiting with friends & family and have a little bit of baseball thrown in.  So sorry you can't be there.

My list of the good things in my life just keeps growing and growing.

And the list goes on!  And the list goes on . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment